I had planned on having a number of fun fold cards to show this week on the blog and on last Wednesday’s Facebook Live, but I was only to pull 1 card together. (sigh) Adulting sometimes gets in the way, and I have to put my toys aside…
However, I was able to create the card below – it’s a fun take on the gate fold card and it has a belly band! I wanted to use the Ice Cream Corner Suite from the Mini Catalog because there are just so many great elements. Because this is a fun fold, along with the recipe below, I wanted to provide the measurements and a short tutorial. Here’s what you will need:
- White Card Stock: 4″ x 10″, scored at 5″, 2 pieces 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ scored diagonally, 7/8″ x 1 1/2″ for sentiment plus additional scraps for ice cream cone
- Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ and 1 piece contrasting DSP 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (Ice Cream Corner DSP)
- Colored Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (I used Rich Razzleberry)
- Vellum: 1″ x 9″
- Fold the 4″ x 10″ white card stock.
- Fold the 3 1/2″ card stock along the diagonal and adhere each one along the fold on each side to the back of the 4″ x 5″ card stock so it looks like wings (see photo below).
- Adhere to the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ colored card stock..
- Adhere the 3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ DSP to the front of the white card stock
- Stamp Sentiment on 7/8″ x 1 1/2″ white paper and adhere to the top of the DSP
- Cut the contrasting 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ DSP diagonally and adhere to the front of the “wings”
- Stamp the ice cream 3 times in 3 separate colors (I used Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party and Soft Seafoam) and punch out with Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch
- Stamp the cone in Cinnamon Cider and the inside image in Early Espresso and punch out
- Using the Tasteful Labels dies, cut out the 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ card stock using the largest die
- Adhere the ice cream cone to the from of the die cut piece
- Wrap the vellum around the card and adhere the 2 ends.
- Adhere the die cut piece to the vellum.
It looks like a difficult fold, but since it’s 3 pieces to make the fold, it’s much easier. I hope you enjoy trying this fold for yourself. I’ll be doing another fun fold on my Facebook Live this coming Wednesday, 2/24 between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m.Product List
Don’t forget, SALE-a-bration goes through February 28th, so make sure you order before that date if you want to take advantage of all the great FREE product. Click here for more information or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything. And if you order, please use Host Code 9M4VSZVU.
Thanks for stopping by and as always, Happy Stamping!